Skip to main content

Tucker High School

Dekalb County Schools

Adulting 101

Adulting 101

As students get ready to transition from high school to the Adult world (including college, rent, jobs, etc.), there are some non-school things that may help the transition.
1.  Have a signature.

 You have to sign (in cursive) on so many documents.  And many students do not know how to sign in cursive.  This site allows you to type in your name and then download a practice sheet for signing in cursive.  Tracing Cursive Handwriting
2. Writing checks.
Despite our current society, some companies will not accept an electronic transfer.  Sometimes, you need to be able to write a check.  You can get checks for free / low cost from your bank.  You need to know how to write a check and keep a balance so you know how much money you have.
 Check Back Weekly for More Information or contact Ms. Barber or Ms. Beavers with specific requests!